Thursday, May 29, 2008

0508 Step Four - Toronto

Montreal at the end of the previous step left me with an existentialist question. Toronto welcomed me with another one. They really want me to think about my life. Why they don't let me sit on this train, look outside the window and enjoy the ride? 


To prevail on Montreal, Toronto even add a little suggestion.


Now, if I had to draw the shape of a human being, I'd draw a tree. We believe that we have two legs, two arms and a torso, so when we draw a human being we draw an implant between a I and a X. In reality, we have a lot of roots and a lot of branches, each one of them going into different directions - and maybe this is why we always hear inner voices that tell us to do this and to do that and in most cases this and that are incompatible and we never know what to do. Too many branches we have? I won't say so: that's the beauty of life. But if we are like trees, there are asymmetrical trees (the branches go all in the same direction, no contradictions: these are the human beings that believe they are always right). I found an example in Toronto:  


And then there are trees that don't know where they are and don't care about it, and just want to be themselves. Who says that in springtime your leaves must be green and fresh and happy? In Toronto I found a tree that wants to be an autumn tree even if it's springtime. Its leaves are all red, brown and dry. But then if you feel blue, why you have to smile? Who cares what the others think? I liked this melancholic, honest and out-of-time tree from Toronto.


And then there are also happy trees in Toronto. This one for instance is a happy tree because there is always a star above him.

 
And that star has a roof above her, so when it rains she doesn't get wet. And if I know that she doesn't get wet when it rains, that's all I need to know about Toronto.



No comments: