Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Interlude 2: Hiroshi

I found Hiroshi by chance, which I believe is the best way to meet interesting people. Hiroshi is gentle, always smiling and loves his job. And he is talented and makes the best sushi in the world. His restaurant is down in a basement, small and not glamorous at all so stay away if you look for a trendy place. But if you are in New York and want to have very good sushi in a quiet, cozy little place then look for Sushi You on 51st street between 2nd and 3rd. I go there all the times when I am in NYC, I sit at the sushi bar and say hello to Hiroshi. No need to order: Hiroshi knows that I want him to prepare pieces of his choice, he knows that I trust him. And every time his sushi and kindness and passion make me feel happy. I believe that if there were more people like Hiroshi the world would be a better place.

No comments: