Tuesday, June 3, 2008

0508 Step Nine - Austin



Austin is the black sheep of Texas. Laid-back, relaxed, tolerant, almost arty... I like it. I like 5th street and the night atmosphere. But this time I arrived too late at night thanks to a delayed flight and there was nobody on the street. So I went to the gym. There are things that you know you need to do and it doesn't matter the time.
  

I like Austin because the girls and boys of the Burnet Middle School thought about Darfur and made this tent to tell everybody that we should do something to help the people of Sudan. Pity their President is too busy to help the people of the oil companies to make the largest profits of their history. Everybody has his own mission.
 

Then I also like Austin because there is a bistrot where they have the picture of the leaning tower on the wall. I am from Pisa, it makes me feel proud. I just don't know about those toilet papers.


And finally, I have a question for Jenner. Jenner, you wrote it in concrete.... but do you still love Ratfink now? (the other question would be, is it really possible to love someone called Ratfink?)

No comments: