Tuesday, June 10, 2008

0608 Step Twelve - Seattle (last stop)

I noticed that in every city someone left a message hanging on the walls for me. Someone who wanted to make me think. Think about myself and my life. Thank you, whoever you are. This was the message in Seattle:

All around Seattle the nature - the lake, the mountains, the Puget Sound - is beautiful. From now on I see more beauty in downtown Seattle too. Sometimes beauty is a state of mind. This sky for instance now to me looks like a Magritte or a Kandinsky painting - I even see a couple flying in that sky holding each other hands (do you?) 

A few steps away the phone rings. I answer the phone. A voice says: goes to the Public Market. I hang up and think: why not?

The Public Market is a colorful place where you can buy fruit and fishes. It's lunchtime, I am hungry, I go the restaurant. They make me sit upstairs. There is a nice view. 

At the table in front of me there is a couple. They sit on the same side of the table, they talk and look into each other's eyes and smile and from time to time they hug and kiss each other. Then they go. holding each other's hands. Where did they go? Maybe in a place where they could give each other more kisses. Love is a beautiful thing. It can be painful too. But it is beautiful.

When I leave the restaurant I see this wall:


One wall, two different pieces, next to each other. At zero distance. I think that maybe love is this: to be one and two at the same time.

After this deep thought it's time to go. I leave Seattle even if I would like to stay, perhaps escape on the Rocky Mountains. But I follow the line that takes me elsewhere.


But where I will really go from here, I don't know. Sometimes your mind goes one way and your body the other way. I think I know where I want to bring my mind and body but it will take some time. How long? Maybe I should ask Alexander, the man who knows everything. Or maybe not, and keep on traveling my journey to Ithaca.
 

No comments: